Whether you're seeking individual, couples, or group therapy, psychotherapy is a worthwhile investment in your future and overall health. We all do our best to manage life's challenges, but sometimes we reach a point where our usual strategies just stop working. When life starts to feel beyond our control, having an attentive, objective listener can be invaluable.
As your therapist, I offer a welcoming, nonjudgmental space reserved just for you.
I approach therapy as a collaborative process. My style addresses practical concerns as well as unconscious motivations for behavior. Depending on your circumstances, we might explore the impact of past events on your present relationships and ways of coping. We might focus on your present-moment thoughts, emotions, or body sensations to deepen your understanding of a confusing situation. Or, we might examine how you tend to deal with your feelings and find healthier options for you.
In our work together, the focus is on you: your history, your patterns, your reactions to events and people. By getting comfortable with your internal experiences and learning how to work skillfully with them, you can begin to make more informed and intentional choices. It's my joy to support you in this process.
Everyone's story is unique, so your progress will depend on our fit together, your readiness for therapy, your ongoing commitment, and your goals. My goal is to offer you a space to speak freely and take positive risks, giving you support and feedback along the way.
What can I help you with?
My specialties include:
- clarifying needs in relationship
- setting healthy boundaries
- managing chronic stress and anxiety
- releasing blocks that hinder career growth and creativity
- supporting changes that increase self-esteem and confidence
- navigating difficult life transitions
- finding meaning as a motherless daughter
- building resilience to shame, rejection, and self-criticism
- healing from childhood emotional abuse and neglect
- reflecting on issues of identity, purpose, and meaning